Friday, December 29, 2006

5 Years of Wedded Bliss

"Do we have any anniversaries in the congregation?" a pastor asked one morning.

An elderly gentleman stood up.

"And how long have you been married, sir?"

"Twelve glorious years" he said.

His wife then stood next to him and said,
"And which twelve were they?"

Our waiter told us this story about his dad as we celebrated our 5th anniversary at Carrabba's last night. It was strange to go out without "Little Bit" - but Eden was having her own milestone: her first Spend-The-Night at Mary & Joanna's.

Joe and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and are glad that we made the 'leap of faith' five years ago. We have a different philosophy on marriage than is popular today: We believe that God places a husband over his wife for her benefit. Joe works hard to 'husband' me and I've grown in a lot of ways over the past five years. I still have a long, long way to go, but it's a journey we're making together - and I definitely would never have gotten this far without Joe's tender care and concern. Sorry, guys, but I can't imagine having married anybody else!! :)

I hope that everyone can say the same at 5, 10, 15 years and every day in between!

No comments: