Monday, October 8, 2007

Running through the Rain

We ran 4 miles on Saturday and I was struggling about mile 2.5. That let me know that I need to take my week-day runs seriously in order to be ready for the 8.5 miler coming up this weekend. After one week off due to a stomach bug and another scaled-back week due to a cold, I have to press on to regain the level of conditioning that I need.

LOTS OF WATER this week! That is the goal. I really enjoy my morning "Cubicle Mocha" which I make with one coffee cup of coffee and one packet of Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa mix. :) Yum! But with all that caffeine - I have to really drink my water during the rest of the day!

Diet? Oh - let's not talk about diet. (Birthday party last Saturday, and of course, I go to a cake shoppe with "to-die-for" buttercream icing!!) I'm in the process of developing my 5-year plan. Year 1: Finish a Half-marathon. Year 2: Do two or three more Halfs and start considering a Full. Year 3: A full Marathon. (Disney?) Maybe Year 4: New York Marathon. Meanwhile, during Year 1, I want to keep setting new PRs during the local 5Ks and during Year 2, I want to set challenging time goals for those Halfs and make it. I figure somewhere in there, I will improve as much as I can on my current diet, and then, I'll improve my diet so I can continue improving in my races. :) I can never improve diet for diet's sake alone. I always have to have a "bigger vision"!

I did get up and run this morning. 3 Cadence drills and 3 Acceleration Gliders. Plus more of a race-pace and at 1:15 sec of running / 1 min of walking. :) Faster, faster, faster. I need to get faster! (I'm such a wimp when it comes to discomfort!) I think next week I may try 1:30 of running and 1 min of walking.

No comments: