Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Off-Road Challenges

Logistics sunk the South. Likewise, this race will probably be won or lost on one simple question: Can I pull myself away from everything and simply GO TO BED ON TIME? I awoke an hour late this morning because I stayed up too late. It's tougher now because my husband is working midnights this month, and has to have all the lights on in our room to get dressed and ready. It's a perfect chance, in fact our only chance, to spend a bit of time together and catch up with each other.

Nevertheless - I have made a committment. I totally understand and give my husband the grace to put our relationship on the backburner while he is undergoing his training. Likewise, he has said he supports my running and wants me to continue. So I NEED TO GO TO BED ON TIME, and to do that, I'll just have to move into the guest bedroom while he's on midnights. Anyway, that's my goal tonight. Because - you can bet your shiny booties that if I don't - I won't be up at 4 am for my 30 minute treadmill run!

No comments: