Monday, December 10, 2007

The Airport Loop

6 miles around the airport in my new running capris! After so many weeks of freezing cold weather, it was strange to be running in a fog (literally!) and to have your hair soaked from the humidity and sweat that couldn't evaporate. It was neat to run for a while with Iris and hear her Vegas stories. I especially love to hear stories about passing people around mile 20 that can barely move! This is NOT because I want people to suffer while running a marathon - but because it proves the intelligence of taking walk breaks from the beginning.

Jingle Bell Run next week - and then our last big long run. Angie and I are going to run by ourselves on Friday, December 21st because both of us will be traveling for Christmas on the 22nd and can't run with the group. I'm a little nervous about that run as we won't have our group leader and others to keep us going. But, perhaps its good for me, because I actually question whether or not I can run a Half without the group. Do I have the heart to keep going even when it hurts? stay tuned....

No comments: